The lush Stoneham Public Library, last renovated in 19841
In FY 1984, $121,441 of the State Aid to Public Libraries appropriation was not distributed and subsequently returned to the state.2
Financial Statement - Account 7000-9501
• FY 1984 Appropriation: $2,890,260
• Total FY 1984 Expenditure: $2,768,819
Disbursement to Cities and Towns
• Payments to 243 cities/towns with over 2,500 population: $2,696,227
• Payments to 59 towns with under 2,500 population: $72,592
Unexpended Balance in Account 7000-9501
• Total unexpended amount: $121,441
TODAY: All money appropriated to the State Aid to Public Libraries program is distributed and $0 is returned to the state.
What else happened in 1982?
1. Photo credit: Elizabeth Thomsen on Flickr [link].
2. 95th Annual Report of the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
3. history.house.gov [link].
4. Cirque du Soleil - Wikipedia entry [link].
5. heisman.com [link].
This website, and other programs of the MBLC, is funded in part with funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, a federal agency that fosters innovation, leadership, and a lifetime of learning.