Funds are distributed in five payments over the course of five fiscal years.
Payments are in 20% increments of the total grant amount and made in consecutive fiscal years after certain milestones are reached.
The hiring process for owner's project manager (OPM) and architectural design services must be done according to M.G.L. 7C, sections 44-47 (Public Building Projects Design Services).
See the Designer Selection tab for more detail.
After all the paperwork, we still don't send you the money unless you ask for it. There is yet another form to fill out to get each of your five payments.
In order to receive a grant payment, you must fulfill certain milestones and submit a Disbursement Form. The form should be submitted via email to your library building specialist:
1) An initial 20% payment will be made upon execution of a grant agreement with the Board.
2) An additional payment of 20% will be made in the fiscal year after the initial payment, and when final (100%) project plans and specifications are received and accepted by Board staff.
3) An additional payment of 20% will be made in the fiscal year after the project plans and specifications are approved by the Board staff, and when the recipient provides copies of the following documents:
4) An additional payment of 20% will be made in the fiscal year after the issuance of the building permit, and when the following conditions are met:
|You're almost to the home stretch|
5) An additional (and final) payment of 20% will be made in the fiscal year after the building is open to the public for regular library services, and when the recipient provides copies of the following documents: