Refer to the following documents and websites throughout the planning process.
The following is a list of all the items you should have at the end of the Planning & Design Phase in preparation for the local votes for approval and appropriation for the Construction Phase:
1. Schematic drawings and plans (or more complete drawings as available) prepared by a Massachusetts registered architect, and bearing his or her stamp, including:
a. Floor plan with a complete furnishing and equipment layout.
b. Elevations as appropriate.
c. Tabulation of square footages called for in the library building program statement and comparison to the square footages shown on the architectural plans.
d. Tabulations of the number of books, magazines and audio‑visual materials called for in the library building program in comparison to the square footages shown on the architectural plans.
e. Tabulations of the number of seats and staff work spaces called for in the library building program in comparison to the square footages shown on the architectural plans.
2. Project budget, prepared independently by an experienced professional cost estimator, based on the site plan, building plans and construction budget.
3. Site plan prepared by a Massachusetts registered architect with parking, grading, building location and designation of utilities (1" = 40 feet or larger).
4. Geotechnical survey, including soil boring and perc tests (as appropriate) certified by a licensed professional providing a thorough subsurface soil analysis to document the appropriateness of the site for construction and existing special conditions.
5. A stamped topographic land survey, delineating boundary lines for entire site to be included in the library building project.
6. Map showing existing and, if different, selected future library site.
7. Proposed plan/schedule for funding the project.
8. Proposed project schedule, from design development through completion of construction (Time Line).
9. Statement of need.
10. Pictures of site and building.
11. Massachusetts Historical Commission Project Notification Form both submitted to the Massachusetts Historical Commission and included in the Grant Application.